You are encouraged to try out YourOfficeMap by choosing the "Run - As Sample User" or "Run - As Sample Administrator" buttons from the
After someone in your organization has set up YourOfficeMap they will be considered the administrator and can then invite other people to use it.
When you receive an invitation (via email) you can click on the link provided. At that point you will be prompted to establish a password.
If you wish to add/update/edit shapes in the diagram[s], you can ask your administrator to upgrade your account to enable this.
YourOfficeMap can be used to search for someone or something by entering a name in the search box.
If your administrator has uploaded more than one diagram there will be a list provided to choose from. This is typically a map, list of buildings or floors in a building.
You can also hover over the shapes in a diagram.
A person or item can be "chosen" by clicking on the shape when hovering.
Administrators can do the following:
- Upload diagrams - Diagrams are the basis of YourOfficeMap: floor plans, maps, etc. (i.e., files of type .jpg, .png, .bmp)
- Create shapes - Click points on the diagrams to make outlines of offices, cubicles, etc.; right-click to save those items
- When saving the shape, you can enter information pertinent to that shape, such as names, email, phone number
- Modify/Remove shapes - Choose a shape and right-click; the information about a shape can be modified
Glossary of terms:
- Diagram - a picture that has been uploaded by the administrator
- Shape - outline of an item that may or may not belong to a specific person
- Item - office, cubicle, building, etc.
- Profile - information pertaining to a person or thing; this can be modified
- Administrator - the first person in your organization to set up YourOfficeMap